Art Quotes

Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.
Jonathan Swift

Vitality is radiated from exceptional art and architecture.
Arthur Erickson

We all know that Art is not truth. Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth, at least the truth that is given to us to understand.
Pablo Picasso

We have art in order not to die of the truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit.
John Updike

What the mass media offers is not popular art, but entertainment which is intended to be consumed like food, forgotten, and replaced by a new dish.
W. H. Auden

When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower. If it clashes, it is not art.
Paul Cezanne

When I make art, I think about its ability to connect with others, to bring them into the process.
Jim Hodges

When I work, and in my art, I hold hands with God.
Robert Mapplethorpe

When that shutter clicks, anything else that can be done afterward is not worth consideration.
Edward Steichen

Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable.
George Bernard Shaw

Without freedom, no art; art lives only on the restraints it imposes on itself, and dies of all others.
Albert Camus

Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.
Winston Churchill

Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don't believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art's sake.
E. M. Forster

You don't take a photograph, you make it.
Ansel Adams

You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.
William Blake

Source: http://www.brainyquote.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment